Thursday, July 21, 2011

Five-spice chicken drumsticks

Quite often, I don't label the stuff in my freezer. I'm getting better at it, but sometimes I take something out and squint at going 'Chicken? Pork?'
I'd forgotten I'd thrown in some dark chicken (I thought it was a mix of drumstick and thigh, but it turned out to be thighs). I used to not like dark meat at all when I was a kid – fiddly, greasier, and way too obviously full of veins. Now, I don't really care, but I do want something with lots of flavour.
I wound up on BBC Food, and came across the five-spice drumsticks by Ching-He Huang.
I loved it; incredibly easy as long as you have five-spice. As usual with marinade, whip it up, stick it on and wait.
Definitely tasty and worth remembering as a store-cupboard favourite.
No pics. I was hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment