Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sag aloo

I'm having trouble with Sag Aloo (spinach and potato curry).
I tried this recipe a while back, and knew without cooking it it wouldn't be great, because there was no sauce.
So I tried Indian spices brand Natco. It looks better, but it's still not right. It doesn't help that it tells you to put tomato in twice. Or that it says 'scant 1/3 cup'. Yeah, that'll be an American recipe.
There is no way the potatoes would done in 15 minutes, or that amount of tomato would be sufficient.
So, anyone help me out here? I suppose Madhur Jaffrey is the next logical place to go.

UPDATE: It really wasn't bad. I roughly halved it (probably a bit more spinach than would be quite right for that), and once I'd thrown more chopped tomato over it and left it a bit longer, it was pretty good. I might keep the spices the same, though, as there wasn't a lot. I'm now making courgette fritters. Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment